My Top Ten Protein Bar Picks!

If ten seems like a lot to you, you haven't seen the full scope of protein bars on the market. 

First of all there are some things I look for in a protein bar and some of my top picks don't check all the boxes but I love them anyway. Determine what's most important to you to choose your protein bars! 

I look for:
  • quality ingredients i.e. I prefer no soy, high fructose corn syrup, etc. 
  • lower sugar - If I was going to eat a candy bar...
  • decent amount of protein 
  • taste and texture - chewing on bricks is not my favorite thing
  • price - homegirl is on a budget 

My Top Ten Protein Bar Choices:

  1. Quest Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie - I'm not going to list out every quest bar, but this is one of my favorites from their classic bar line, the ingredients are pretty solid, protein is pretty high, sugar is pretty low and it's oh so soft, chewy and delicious!
  2. Square Organics Nuts and Sea Salt/Cookie Dough Chocolate Coated Bar - Again, I'm not going to list every square bar but those are two of my favorite flavors. Square bars happen to be vegan so I highly recommend them to vegans and non vegans alike. The ingredients are great, they are non gmo and organic. Protein is a bit lower than a typical whey based protein bar but still decent. They taste so good - I love the chocolate coating! Get them at a discount with my code: Healthy_happy_and_free 
  3. Fit Crunch Peanut Butter - Okay, so Fit Crunch bars do employ some less favorable ingredients such as soy and corn syrup but if you put one in your mouth, you'll understand. They are freaking delicious like a candy bar, yet the sugar is low and the protein is high! The "snack size" is my go-to because the regular size is huge.
  4. Power Crunch Red Velvet - Remember those nutter butter bars with the peanut butter creme and the wafers and the chocolate coating? Yeah, power crunch bars are basically those in a medley of flavors that taste delicious. They are a bit higher in fat and lower in protein, but sugar is still single digits. 
  5. Perfect Bar Peanut Butter - It's just perfect, right? The ingredients are awesome including over 20 organic superfoods, yet it tastes oh so peanut buttery and delicious. The sugar, does creep up a bit with organic honey as the second ingredient. If you're watching calories or fats, this can be a downside too because they clock in at 330 calories for the peanut butter flavor. 
  6. Ooh Snap Vanilla Marshmallow - You might not believe these bars have only 3 grams of sugar because they taste like a rice krispie treat! They have 15 grams of protein and only 150 calories. They do include soy and a long list of ingredients. You win some, you lose some. 
  7. Bia Bars Peanut Butter Fudge - The name doesn't lie. This bar tastes like straight fudge and is slightly more macro friendly than the Perfect Bar. It has 15 grams of protein for 220 calories, however, the addition of honey as a sweetener again drives the sugar into the double digits. 
  8. Yup Brands Cinnamon Roll B-Up Bar - These bars are so soft and have a light but tasty flavor. They use xylitol as a sweetening agent and whey and milk proteins to hit 20 grams of protein in a 170 calorie bar. 
  9. Detour Bars Salted Caramel Cookie Dough - They state they are non gmo, gluten free, nothing artificial and contains 20 grams of protein in a full size bar plus they taste delicious to boot! I love a good chocolate coating! P.S. The cookie dough smart bar rocks my socks off for a snack bar!
  10. Quest Hero Bar Vanilla Caramel - Not for the faint of heart when it comes to sweetness, this vanilla coated bar is uber sweet, just the way I like it. They utilize a new-to-the-market sweetener called allulose which apparently does not affect your blood sugar levels but is required to be listed as a sugar on the Nutrition label. The hero bars are like a sweet candy bar packed with protein. 
Sersiuosly, I'm definitely not sure about the order of those and there were others I debated should be in the top ten but in an effort to just finish this post I'll list some other honorable mentions:

Grenade Caramel Chaos, Raw Rev Creamy Peanut Butter (Vegan, too), G2G peanut butter chocolate chip, Oh Yeah! Birthday Cake, Unico Cinnamon Bar, Wella Bar

Bars I want to try: Fitjoy Lemon, Dive bars, The Best Bar, Rise Bar, SinFit bars, RX bars, Optimum Nutrition cake bites, ThinkThin cake bites, Proatein bar, Zing bar, Mars Protein bar, 

What are your favorite protein bars? Which ones do you want to try?

Comments

  1. I love Peanut Butter RXBARs. I definitely want to try Square Organics. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List