Easy Chocolate Protein Bites with Caramel Sea Salt Frosting

Believe me when I tell you that these babies are so easy to make. They also got the approval from my mom who loves sweets and dislikes most protein snacks and bars.

There's chocolate. There's caramel. There's Himalayan sea salt. Sounds like a recipe for success. I baked them in muffin tins but the texture is not muffin-like. They are dense, almost fudgy, protein bites and you can make them start to finish in just 30 minutes or less!

They also happen to have prebiotics, probiotics, anti-inflammatory tart cherry powder, glutamine and BCAAS, thanks to Eboost Chocolate protein powder. You can read more about Eboost on my post here: Boost Your Workout!

Let's get to it!

Ingredients

Chocolate Bites

That sea salt sprinkle!
  • 2 scoops Eboost Chocolate prime protein powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup Cocoa Bar in a Jar Spread*
  • 1/4 cup cashew milk or milk of choice
  • pinch salt
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Caramel Sea Salt Frosting

  •  1/4 cup cream cheese/cream cheese alternative**
  • 1/4 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener
  • 1/8 tsp caramel extract
  • Himalayan sea salt

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  2. Line a muffin tin with 5 liners. 
  3. Whisk ingredients together vigorously. I melted my cocoa bar in a jar spread a bit to make it easier to combine. You may also use a mixer but I was trying to keep the mess to a minimum! 
  4. Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin. 
  5. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Mine took about 10 minutes but all ovens vary. 
  6. While the chocolate bites are cooling, prepare the frosting. 
  7. Using spreadable cream cheese doesn't require softening but if you are using a brick, allow it to soften. Stir vigorously to combine the sweetener, cream cheese and caramel extract until it is a smooth, creamy consistency. 
  8. Once the chocolate bites are cool, spread the frosting on top and sprinkle sea salt on top!
Macros for the bites without frosting:
106 calories 4.2f/8.5c/8.3p

Naked Chocolate Protein Bites
*Cocoa Bar in a Jar was the only chocolate spread I had on hand and I think it tastes amazing, however, if you don't have this available, you could use any nut spread!

**If you use fat free cream cheese, this will add about 12 calories per bite. Other options include low fat cream cheese, non dairy cream cheese, kefir, quark, etc. 

Let me know if you try these out! Do you like trying recipes with protein powder?






Comments

  1. Oh my gosh these look amazing! I wish I had the cocoa bar in a jar but any Peanut Butter sounds good to me. I definitely need to try this out soon!😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List