How to Avoid Getting Sick!

Here we go again. Cold and flu season.

I hate getting sick. I refuse to get sick. So when someone around me gets a sniffle, paranoia sets in. What can I do? Getting sick is not completely within our control, but there are some steps we can take to try to avoid it!

Tips for Avoiding the Cold or Flu

  1. Avoid people who are ill. I mean, duh, but I might as well say it. Try to avoid close quarters with people who are sick to the best of your ability and definitely don't drink or eat after them. 
  2. Wash your hands. You've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times because it works!
  3. Eat healthy foods. Fruits and vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals that will help your body stave off illnesses and build up your immune system. 
  4. Zinc, echinacea, Vitamin C and Vitamin D supplements may be helpful to preventing a cold or even shortening it if you have already caught it. 
  5. Don't overexercise or under-eat. These things stress the body and cause you to be more susceptible to sickness. 
  6. Get your ZZZs. It's no mystery that many people don't get enough sleep, but giving your body the rest it needs will help it to be strong in defending itself against harmful invaders!
Now what if you caught the cold? I'm no doctor, but I think Netflix + bone broth will help you feel better in no time!

What's your latest Netflix binge-worthy addiction?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List