Main Street Challenge 5k 2018 - China Grove, NC

Where does the time go?

Seriously? It's June already?! That means a few things: it's hot, the daylight lasts longer, and the China Grove Main Street Challenge 5k! 

This is a 5k, flat, there and back course that is conveniently in my town! My mom and I love to do this race because the entry fee is very reasonable, the post-run food is amazing (pizza, doughnuts, watermelon, and more!), and the prizes are great too! 
Photo by Aaron Cress from facebook.com/chinagrove5k

I was dealing with stress fracture earlier in the year, then I went to Europe for a month while still rehabbing and I was back two weeks before the race. I was a little nervous! I don't know why my mom and I always get pre-race jitters even for these little 5K races. Anyone else?

I also started a personal challenge to cut out energy drinks so I brought a caffeinated water (???) and it had a really weird aftertaste so I didn't drink it. Note to self: stick to coffee. 

It started raining before the race but let up and by the time the race rolled around, which is 9 p.m. on a Friday night, it was clear and cool(er). 

They shot the gun and we were off. I felt a little lacking in umph and I attributed it to my lack of caffeine but I ended up with the best pace I've had since before my injury. I placed first in my age group so I won a Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate. 

Post-Run Sweaty and Silly!

I love the small town camaraderie at this race and look forward to next year! It's my dream to place overall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List