How To: Getting in 6 Servings of Veggies

Did you know June is National Fruit and Vegetable month?

It seems like there is a national food day, week, or month every day, week and month but that doesn't mean I'm not celebrating! Any day is a good day to celebrate. So, I'm fully on board with trying to increase my fresh fruit and vegetable intake and I think many people would agree.

I think it's a lot easier to get in fresh fruit. It's grab and go, sweet and refreshing - perfect for the summer heat that's finally here.

Vegetables on the other hand...

Some people turn up their nose at the thought of eating vegetables. Six servings in one day? Why, that's just unfathomable. Right?

Wrong!

1. Vegetables can be delicious - it sometimes takes a little more elbow grease in the way of preparation compared to fruit, but they really can be tasty!
2. Sneak the things in! When you're lacking, sneak them in!
3. Make veggies fun!


  • Cece's Veggie Noodle Company makes fun, prepped veggie noodles, perfect for the lazy chef (AKA me). Did you check out these recipes I made with their Zoodles? Mushroom Zoodle Dinner for OneAsian Inspired Zucchini Noodle SaladTeriyaki Zoodle Bowl I've also made chicken zoodle soup (with a soda on the side lol). These pre-noodled/riced veggies are so convenient, fresh and fun. I recommend them! Check out where to find them here: https://www.cecesveggieco.com/where-to-buy/
  • Farm and Oven Bakery Bites are delicious little snacks that will help you sneak in a few extra veggies. Seriously, you cannot detect the veggies. They taste like little bites of sweet bread. The beet dark chocolate is reminiscent of a dense brownie! They pack a whopping 40% of your daily vegetable needs in three bites (1 package). I've reviewed them before here: Farm and Oven Bakery Bites Review so check that out to read more about them. Then after you read about them, go here: https://www.farmandoven.com?rfsn=1221218.97e80 to snag some for yourself!
  • Oh Snap! Pickles are my jam. I don't know why they're so good but they're fun and simple - no brine added. They make pickled pickles (duh), beans, carrots, and peas! I find them at my local grocery store and Target!
  • Slap Nutrition Fudge Pop Greens is the best tasting greens powder I've ever tried. It is so good! I love to use it in my oatmeal, protein fluff, and Superfood Black Bean Brownies - you NEED to try these! Find the Super Slap powder here: weslap.com and use code: HAPPY for 10% off. 
  • Grow 'em yourself! You'll feel so proud you just have to eat them! Plus, when you have fresh veggies readily available, it will be more convenient and easy to eat them. I'm currently growing cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, butternut squash, mushrooms, and basil! I'm growing the mushrooms and basil with the help of Back to the Roots and I really recommend them! I sent an email with some questions about my "Mushroom Farm" and they replied very quickly with the answers I needed! 
That's a wrap on my veggie hacks for this month! What's your favorite veggie? Do you prefer fruits or vegetables? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List