Product Review: Go Raw!

Raw raw raw aw aw. Go raw ooh la la.

(Anyone get the Lady Gaga reference? Oops, couldn't help myself!)

What does Go Raw mean? Why should I "go raw"?


Go Raw is a company that makes nutritious snacks from "real food", "junk free food"! This means their products are:
  • organic
  • plant based
  • superfoods
  • non-GMO
  • gluten free
  • dairy free
  • vegan
  • soy free
  • nut free
So this extensive list of accolades means that most anyone can enjoy them despite dietary preference, illness or allergy. Another bonus is that sprouted nuts can be more easily digested and the nutrients are more easily absorbed. Winning!

But how do these junk free snacks measure in a taste test?

I first tried the Go Raw! Chocolate. Obviously I reached for the chocolate first. The chocolate squares are individually wrapped and made with only two ingredients: organic cacao and agave nectar! They're only 32 calories per square. The texture was super soft and melt-in-your mouth with a strong rich cacao presence, yet I'm not sure I loved the choice of agave as a sweetener. I felt the flavor didn't complement the cacao that well but I have never actually used agave before. I think I would prefer an alternative sweetener. They also have an orange and mint flavor.

Sprouted Bars - These bars are so unique! Fruity, yet crunchy and seedy - they are a texture fiesta and each flavor is different! They taste like the ingredients so choose what sounds good to you! I loved the banana bread flavor! The pumpkin flavor uses agave as a sweetener, though it's not overly sweet.  The other flavors are naturally sweet from the fruit. The seeds add a satiating, nutrient boost. I think these would be a perfect snack to take hiking!


On to the protein bars! Can you believe the protein comes from sprouted watermelon seeds??? Yup, that's right!

Sprouted Cookies - say what?! Yes, these cookies are made from coconut, sprouted sesame seeds, dates and cacao! (I tried Choco Crunch) They were crunchy, sweet little bites. I really enjoyed munching on them! However, if you don't like coconut, it does have a perceptible coconut flavor. Actually, they taste like their ingredients. It's a perfect blend of flavors that shows how simple, whole foods can be combined into  "cookie". So, no, this is not like an Oreo or other "normal cookie" but it does make for a nice, sweet snack that anyone can enjoy.

Have you tried any Go Raw products? If so, which is your favorite?

Check out their full line of snack and treats here: https://www.goraw.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List