Homemade Pumpkin Pie Protein Ice Cream!

Pumpkin craze has swept the nation!

Actually, I think it swept the nation about a month ago. But now, it's October, pumpkins are in season, and I am joining the craze.

With pumpkin ice cream. What else would you expect from me? #IceCreamAddict

I used an ice cream maker but see the notes at the end for possible churning substitutions. Honestly, I think this recipe could be better, but it was pretty good so I figured I would share and if I tweak it, I will update this recipe!

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Ingredients:


  • 1 cup plain kefir (I used LifeWay Brand)
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • about 1/3 cup erythritol/sweetener of choice to taste

Directions:

  1. Prepare and combine all ingredients. 
  2. Follow instructions for your ice cream maker. 
  3. Pour ingredients in the ice cream maker and churn for the recommended time. Mine churned for one hour. 
Note: If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can put the mix in a freezer safe container and remove every 30 minutes or so and blend. I have used this method before and it's not as creamy but you still yield a yummy frozen treat. Continue to do this until it is frozen as hard as you like it. 

Yield: 4 servings
Macros per serving: 76 calories 1.8f/21.2c/5p

What's your favorite pumpkin food? Would you try pumpkin ice cream?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List