The Power of Your Mind

Do you know how powerful your mind is?

I'm sure you've heard it before but I don't think it can be overstated. 

"You can do anything if you put your mind to it."

What does that truly mean? And can the power of the mind be bad?

How could it be bad? Well, for instance, some days I look in the mirror and think I have scrawny chicken legs and other times, I look in the mirror and think I look strong, still other times I think I look big. My body is not really changing in a physically perceptible way. So what changed? 

My mind. 

Just my subjective perception has changed entirely how I view myself. Does that not blow your mind? So how we view ourselves is entirely up to us! We can choose to view ourselves (and others) in a positive way. 

I had a teacher once who presented the idea that maybe the power of the human mind could literally move mountains but no one believes it without a hint of doubt, therefore, we will never know because of that small seed of doubt within everyone. This idea has stuck with me. Your mind is incredibly powerful. Don't let the seed of doubt take that away from you. 

With power comes responsibility. It's up to you to choose to use that power for positivity.  

Have you ever accomplished something that seemed impossible because you put your mind to it? Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Mother's Cookie Dough - Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Bean Free!

Product Review: Tru Fru

Must Read List